Concept 1: Share with us your top 5-10 code of ethics statements for using technology in the classroom or your professional workplace.
Code of Technology Ethics
1. Technology users must use all technology safely and responsibly
2. Technology users must not use technology to cause any harm
3. Technology users must not use or steal others’ intellectual property
4. Technology users must not use proprietary software for which they have not paid
5. Technology users must use technology in ways that ensure consideration and respect for all humans
6. Technology users must use technology appropriately, with on task learning
These code of ethics have been adapted by the 10 Commandments of Computer Ethics, written by the Computer Ethics Institute. These have been made more relevant to school students and their lives. These ethics could be displayed in a computer room or technology class as explicit guidelines for students using technology.
You must log in to post a comment.