It is important to set a code of ethics or conduct when students are using ICT as it ensures they are acting ethically and respectfully online.
RESPECT ICT CODE OF ETHICS
- Respect others when using ICT, this means acting kindly and not bullying or harassing people online.
- Respect your personal data, this means having strong passwords and keeping personal information safe and private.
- Respect other people’s work, this means not using copyrighted material and always naming your sources.
- Respect the technology, this means placing it on charge and neatly away as well as not damaging it.
- Respect the teacher and learning, this means using ICT for the correct reason and not downloading or viewing inappropriate sources.
These ethics would be displayed in the classroom or ICT room to ensure students were aware of them and could act ethically online.
You must log in to post a comment.