- Create or find a classroom resource that teaches students about creating strong passwords, passcodes or passphrases.
link to original idea: https://www.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/Workarea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=33714
- warm up discuss some scenarios of password selections for a hypothetical person ‘Jessie’ in this case, students can pair-share to decide if the password is okay or if it can be improved to be more secure.
- Provide an engagement video about what makes a secure password.
- discuss and clarify video with whole-class discussion
- main body: students create posters that will communicate the password tips and help their families and other students keep their online identities secure. You may wish to assign one tip to each student, resulting in a series of tip posters that can be displayed together or rotated throughout the year.
- As a class do an emu walk and teacher to end lesson with big idea: how can we keep our passwords safe? ( long passwords, avoid personal information, do not reuse passwords etc)
You must log in to post a comment.