- Applying the same standards online as we do in public. (E.g. values around courtesy, kindness, openness, and treating others with the same respect we wish to receive, no hate speech and bigotry, copyright violations as other forms of theft).
- Help prevent and fight against cyberbullying, as silence empowers bullies.
- Always respect copyright laws and policies to protect original works of authorship.
- Keeping online communications professional, and be clear about differences between business, classroom, and personal emails and text messages.
- Always give credit to the original source. (E.g. citing references in term papers, avoid plagiarism).
- Take care of technology equipment and watch what you download, click, and share.
- Learn how to evaluate websites and assess whether they can trust the content.
- Respect the privacy of others, just as you expect the same from others.
- Do not use computers to harm other users. Words have consequences and what we say online can have consequences in real life.
Teacher Resources Behaving Ethically Online: Ethics and Empathy
You must log in to post a comment.