Top 5 Code of Ethics (In No Particular Order)
- Just because something such as an image is available online like in a google search, doesn’t mean it is free to use in your own PowerPoints etc. It is essential to check for copyright.
- Consider tone etc in communicating online as it is easy to inadvertently appear abrupt or abrasive as there is no face to face interaction, only the words themselves.
- Do not type something that you would not say directly to that person’s face.
- Use the internet and hardware in a way that maintains security. Be vigilant about not clicking suspicious links, visiting suspicious sites etc. This also encompasses treating the physical hardware respectfully.
- Restrict use of work resources (i.e. computers / devices) to work related activities. Unless expressly permitted, do not work devices for personal use.
You must log in to post a comment.