Unit 3: Task
There is a myriad of ways humans leave traces of information while using technology. This occurs both passively and actively.
- Using an online search engine such as Google.
- Making an online purchase.
- Scanning your passport.
- Sharing a tweet on Twitter or a post on Facebook.
- Using home automation systems such as Google Nest Hub.
- Interacting with smart speakers such as Google Home.
- Writing and publishing a blog post.
- Accepting the use of “cookies”.
- The user’s IP address.
- Sending text messages.
- Completing and submitting online forms.
- Leaving comments or ‘likes’ on photos, videos or articles.
- Sharing photos, particularly those with EXIF data intact.
- Using mobile apps that communicate the location of the device.
- Going to the doctor and your digital medical file being updated.
- Using your credit or bank card.
- Turning on the TV or watching online streaming services such as Netflix.
The image below has some helpful tips for students to manage their digital footprints.
You must log in to post a comment.