1.Code of ethics
- Be kind to others
- If you are worried or are unsure about something, talk to an adult
- Don’t share your password
- Be mindful about the information you post
- If in doubt, don’t click the link
2. Resource on ethics
The ABC used to have a show on iView called Cyberbully (made in 2011, https://iview.abc.net.au/show/cyberbully ), but it could probably be found elsewhere now. The story focuses on a teen and her webcam and screen captures regarding a stalker. As a teenage girl at the time, the way it is filmed felt very realistic and hit home the dangers of cyberbullying and stalking.
3. The only real thing I can think of is potentially mentioning more on grooming? The section on cyberbullying was great, but it would have been good to see a little more on grooming considering too because of the age groups. And maybe reinforcing going to a trusted adult when you see something that troubles you (like you receive messages asking to harrass someone or you are being harrassed)?
You must log in to post a comment.