Find and share a resource to support teaching students in secondary years about security in apps (e.g. whatsapp security). Include a brief description.
Brief description :
From the source : https://www.kaspersky.com/resource-center/preemptive-safety/facebook , the teacher designed an online lesson ( 35 minutes ) combining with reading and speaking.
The students received and understood the information from reading activities and then produced the language through speaking activities.
By the end of the lesson, the students will able to know how to use Facebook safety.
Lesson plan :
Time T’s and Ss’ activities Content
– T( Teacher) runs through the vocabulary and the meanings.
– Students ( S ) do the task
– T gives feedback & correct the pronunciation.
– T asks Ss to guess the answers first and then read the passage ( the Appendix ) and check the answers.
– T asks Ss to read the passage again and do the task individually first and then work in pairs in breakout rooms.
– T gives feedback
– T runs through the topic for the task.
– Ss practise speaking individually
– T corrects the contents, pronunciation and intonation through Ss’ speaking.
– T tells the Ss the task at home. I/ Warmer : Use the homework for the task ( Check the meaning and the pronunciation of the words through https://dictionary.cambridge.org/ )
Match the words ( A ) with the suitable meanings ( B )
6/ anti – malware
a/ to accept in order to reach an agreement with someone
b/ the state of being, or making safe, free from danger
c/ essential; of the greatest importance
d/ a software to protect your computer from viruses
e/ someone who commits a crime involving, using, or relating to computers, especially the internet:
f/ to make something known publicly,
@ Answer key ( AK ) : 1-e, 2-b,3-f, 4- c, 5 – a , 6 – d
II/ Pre-reading activity :
– Open – prediction : True ( T ) or F ( False ) ?
1/ There are four Internet Security tips in the passage.
2/ You can learn how to use your Facebook safe .
@ AK : 1 – F, 2 – T
III/ While – reading activity :
– Complete each blank with ONE word from the passage :
1/ You shouldn’t get acquaintance with ¬-___________ on Facebook.
2/ You shouldn’t disclose your ___________ information like credit cards on Facebook.
3/ A strong password should be created for your Facebook ___________.
4/ ___________ an application security, Kaspersky for example on your computer, smartphone to protect your devices from viruses and other threads.
@ AK : 1 – strangers, 2 – financial, 3 – account, 4 – Install.
IV/ Post – reading activity :
– Topic : Based on the information from the passage and your knowledge, tell your friends how to use Facebook safety .
Ex : According to me, there are some tips to use Facebook safety. Firstly, ….
V/ Homework :
– Practice speaking with the topic at home. Pay much attentions to the meanings and intonation.
Facebook is a great way of keeping in touch with friends. However, you need to be very careful about the type of information that you reveal… just in case it falls into the wrong hands.
Internet Security tips — to help you use Facebook more safely
With cybercriminals using a wide range of financial scams in order to try to steal money — and criminals also making bogus ‘friend requests’ in order to capture personal information — it’s wise to be careful in how you use Facebook. Here are a few Facebook security tips to help keep you safe:
• Verify every Facebook contact
Make sure that the person you’re talking to… really is the person you think they are. Try to verify their identity.
• Protect your banking and financial information
Never disclose anything about your bank accounts, credit cards, debit cards, or other financial information on Facebook.
• Be wary of strangers
Don’t add or accept friend requests from people that you don’t know.
• Keep your password secure
Taking a little extra care over your password can be a vital element in your Facebook security:
o Create a strong password that will be difficult for others to guess
o Ideally, your password should use a mixture of letters, numbers and symbols
o Remember to change your password frequently
o Don’t use the same password for Facebook and other websites. If the security of your password is compromised on one site, it may then be used to access your Facebook account
• Secure your computer, your mobile devices, and your data
Install a rigorous anti-malware solution on your computer, smartphone and tablet – to protect your devices against the latest computer viruses, worms , Trojan viruses and other threats.
( Source : https://www.kaspersky.com/resource-center/preemptive-safety/facebook )
You must log in to post a comment.