The electronic footprint is formed by the inevitable development of technology when the digitization of all data, from every mouse click and consumer search on the internet, is saved, opening a new direction. for market research.
Electronic footprints may include:
– Posts, interactions such as like sharing or commenting on posts on social networks
– Articles and videos that you commented on
– Log in to any website, websites will quickly collect information by setting cookies on your device.
– The emails you send,…
– Internet search history, online purchase history,…
Customer electronic footprint is divided into two categories depending on the situation
- Active Electronic Footprint
Active digital footprint is data that you intend to submit online. It is created when a user’s personal data is actively released by them for the purpose of sharing information through websites and social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Sending an email to someone else, you are actively wanting the recipient to read the information you want to send.
- Agree to install cookies on your device when prompted by the browser.
- Posts on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Zalo,…
- Passive Electronic Footprint
Passive digital footprint is created when users’ data is collected silently without their knowledge. Information may be collected by technology companies, such as browsing data, IP addresses, purchase information, for advertising or customer profiling purposes and other purposes.
- When you visit a certain website, the server will collect your personal information, know your search history and will find the IP address on the device you are using. If you pay attention, you will see that after accessing these websites, using social networks or certain applications will show ads about the previous search content. Specifically, you go to Traveloka to view flight information or book tickets, about a day later on social networks you will see a lot of flight information or Traveloka ads on other applications such as the English app TFlat Dictionary such as.
- Or advertisers use your likes, shares and comments to profile you and to serve ads based on your needs and desires.
You must log in to post a comment.