This is the task I chose: “Explain what you think are some of the key differences between cyber security, cyber awareness and cyber safety. To what extent are you teaching these in the classroom or do you think they should be taught?”
In unit 1: Introduction, I have learnt about 3 concepts: ‘cyber security’, ‘cyber awareness’ and ‘cyber safety’ within school context. there are main differences as follow:
|concept||cyber security||cyber awareness||cyber safety|
|What it is||practice of protecting computers, networks, programs, and data from digital attacks through security design, security controls and protection, security awareness and user behavior.||knowledge, attitude and behaviors that aim to protect our information assets||safe and responsible use of information Communication Technologies|
To what extent are you teaching these in the classroom or do you think they should be taught?
Activity 1: Data Crumbs and Security
Analyse and visualise data to create information and address complex problems, and model processes, entities and their relationships using structured data [ACTDIP037]
Activity 2: Rewards Cards, Loyalty Programs and Personal Data
Based on these arguments, students as a class discuss:
- Should you change your behaviours to protect your data e.g. alias names
- Decide to not be involved? or stay but be aware?
- Delete old accounts that are no longer used?
Activity 3: Morse Code Network – Micro:bit
The series of four lessons scaffolds computer network concepts. Lessons include:
- Simulating the transmission of messages using Morse code
- Local area networks and network protocols
- Routers and packet switching
- Transport control protocol (TCP), encryption and network performance comparisons
You must log in to post a comment.