My top codes of ethics when using technology in the classroom or workplace:
• Ensure copyright, share resources with permission, have citations and do not disclose personal information beyond the wishes of others.
• Select information, language, images, etc. when used for work in accordance with culture, ethics and age.
• Do not share or spread information of unknown or unfounded sources.
• Respect personal information, do not observe other people’s computer or phone screens without prior notice or consent, unless you are responsible for monitoring.
• Do not ask to provide device passwords, other people’s accounts. If you accidentally have someone else’s password, you must notify the owner and do not use it for curious or nefarious purposes.
• Informing and sharing ethical rules and information security skills when using technology with partners, colleagues, and students.
You must log in to post a comment.